Pages

Friday 26 July 2024

Uncertainty and trusting the process

One question I've always disliked (and dislike even more now) is - Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years? 

For some people, it might work.
But for me, life never seems to pan out quite as expected. It could be that as I do more recovery from trauma and PTSD that things will become clearer and I'll be able to set more long term goals. 

But right now, life is a case of putting one foot in front of the other. Particularly in the areas of vocation and location. 

This may be a bit of regurgitating on my part, but after years of being stuck and unfulfilling work, wanting to escape and set up some sort of spiritual business, I'm now at a crossroads, both in terms of paid work and whatever my calling is in terms of vocation (which of course, can also bring some money in). However there does seem to be some light somewhere at the end of the tunnel, even if I can't fully see it yet. I've also seen that some of my friends are taking time out - 2024 has been a heavy year for a lot of us, certainly one of the most intense years energetically since I've been born. I was chatting to a friend yesterday and she said that many people have been going through serious upheaval. 

After 17 years of living up north and putting quite a bit of effort into building my life there, both myself and some of the community I was involved with fell apart. I've had to move back to my hometown - which I never really had any intention of moving back to, ever. And I don't think I could ever fully settle back here. I still harbour desires to move back north, albeit not to exactly the same location. But Weymouth - which is about 30 miles from my hometown, seems to be bringing some synchronicities for me, and the coastline west of Weymouth is stunning. 

I'm not going to make a move anywhere else until I get a clear green light. But not knowing where I'm meant to be living can be a bit disconcerting for me at times.

I think goal setting can be good but for those of us whose brains work a little differently, it may not be the best course of action to think too far ahead. I certainly had no idea how 2024 was going to pan out! 

Sometimes life brings us to a place of much uncertainty and we just have to follow our inner compass and see where things take us. 

Image courtesy of Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment

Projection

Projection. Something that is absolutely rife in the UK, and probably a lot of other countries. The simple meaning is:  Projecting is  when ...